اﻻﺳﻢ اﻟﺜﻼﺛﻲ واﻟﻠﻘﺐ: كريم محمد بهيّه
اﻟﺤﺎﻟﺔ اﻻﺟﺘﻤﺎﻋﯿﺔ: ﻣﺘﺰوج
اﻟﻤﺆھﻞ اﻟﻌﻠﻤﻲ دﻛﺘﻮراه ﻓﻠﺴﻔﺔ تقانات اسمدة
اﻟﺪرﺟﺔ اﻟﻌﻠﻤﯿﺔ: مدرس
ﺟﮭــﺔ اﻟﻌﻤــﻞ :جامعة الكوفة كلية الزراعة
اﻟﻤﻨﺼﺐ اﻟﺤﺎﻟﻲ: رئيس قسم علوم التربة والمياه
اﻟﺸﮭﺎدات اﻟﺤﺎﺻﻞ ﻋﻠﯿﮭﺎ :
بكالوريوس علوم تربة
ماجستير اسمدة وخصوبة التربة
دكتؤراة تقنات اسمدة
جامعة UNE استراليا
Karim M. Bhiah C V
- Nationality : Iraqi
- Marital status: Married
- Gender : Male
- PhD , School of Environmental and Soil Science, AGSS- UNE, Armidale, Australia, 2008-2012 , Thesis title: Use of potassium to increase rice production.
- Sc. College of Agriculture – University of Baghdad, Department of Soil Science, 1999-2001
- Sc. College of Agriculture – University of Baghdad, Department of Soil Science, 1979-1983
- Head of Soil and Water Sci. Dept. from 04/12/2014 till now.
- Representative of teaching staff of Faculty of Agri. From 01/07/2014 till now.
- Lecturer at Kufa University from 04/04/2013 till now.
- Program Manager of Local Governance Project-Diwaniyah/Iraq (2004-2007).
- South Central Ag. Team member, in 5 governorates (Babil, Karbala, Najaf, Wassit and Diwaniyah/Iraq), June 2004-March 2005.
- Advisor with Dr. Sawtelle and Dr. Ernst (USA) in Ag. Sector (crops and Animal resources) in 8 governorates (Babil, Karbala, Najaf Samawa, Nasriyah, Wassit, Diwaniyah and south of Baghdad/Iraq), May-August 2003.
- Agent, Iraqi Company for Ag. Supplies, 2001 till now.
- Field supervisor, Alkefel farm, Najaf province, Iraq (1992-1993).
- Private sector in agriculture. Iraq (1984-1992).
Courses and workshops
- 2004, delivered training for 20 Ag. Officials and 100 farmers on importance, installation and maintenance of family drip irrigation system (FDIS), under supervision of (ARDI) - Diwaniyah province (districts & sub districts).
- 2004, delivered training for 68 Ag. Engineers, 45 guides and 58 farmers on importance, installation and maintenance of Family Drip Irrigation System (FDIS), under supervision of (ARDI) of 8 governorates (Babil, Karbala, Najaf, Samawa, Nasriyah, Wassit, Diwaniyah and Basrah/Iraq.
- 2005, delivered a session for 100 individual on “Bird flu” –Ishtar newspaper – No: 86, Dec 12, 2005, pp7 - Diwaniyah technical institute/Iraq.
- April 28, 2013" Effect of potassium (K) on rice root growth" Kufa University, Ag.
- May 5-7, 2013"Salt affected soil" Kufa University, Ag.
- Dec 8-12, 2013, "organic agriculture in preventing and reversing land degradation" Kufa University, Ag. College.
- Feb 25-26, 2014 workshop on: (Management and Administration, Negotiation, Human Resources Management and Corporate governance). Kufa Uni. Kufa, Najaf, Iraq
- March 16-20, 2014 workshop on Organic fertiliser applications (Ethiopian Ex.), fertiliser applications, and fertigation
- April 1-3, 2014 workshop on organic fertilisers.
- April 24, 2014 workshop on Date palm: Management and fertilisation.
- April 27 -May5/2015 training course (Management & Leadership).
- Receive and distribute Ag. Supplies to the local farmers under Ministry of Agriculture
- Manage and supervise all aspects of 5 donum (donum=2500m2) of vegetable production facility employing 10 personnel, Najaf, Iraq.
- Manage and supervise all aspects of field egg lying facility comprised of 5 buildings
housing 125,000 chickens and employing 21 personnel, Al Safaa Company, Diwaniyah,
- Encouragement the farmers to grow 2 important vegetables Eggplant (Species Takki,
Japan) and Tomato (Species Mourge, USA), 2004.
- Encouragement the farmers to install the FDISs, 17 FDISs have been installed as grant
from ARDI, 2005.
- Encouragement the farmers to grow sugar corn crop in Diwaniyah province-Nuffer sub-
- Effect of K on rice lodging under high N and salt conditions and describe modifications in carbohydrate distribution. Conference, School of Environmental and Rural Science, July 23-23 2010, Armidale, NSW, Australia
- Effect of potassium on rice lodging under high nitrogen nutrition. Conference, 19th World Congress of Soil Science (19WCSS), August 1-6 2010, Brisbane, Australia.
- The effect of rate of application of K on irrigated rice production" . Conference, 24-25 April 2013, Kufa, Iraq.